Become a scholarship Supporter

BECOME A SUPPORTER OF OUR SCHOLARSHIP FUND FOR KYAITHANI and LOWER YATTA SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN NDANDINI KENYA
In 2011 we started providing scholarships for the 9 top achievers at the only secondary school in the Ndandini area. In 2023 we have now increased that to 106 at Kyaithani and Lower Yatta Secondary Schools. There are over 400 desperately poor students at Kyaithani and Lower Yatta Secondary Schools striving to get an education so they can better their lives. Can you help us increase the number of scholarships that we provide?
We provide a CAD$110 per year scholarship to the students attending secondary school full time who originally graduated from one of the six primary schools in the Kyaithani area. We are looking for donations in any amount.
Donors to the scholarships will be able to follow our progress on this blogspot as we post information about the children being sponsored, photos and letters.
100% of the donations received go to the students and the Board of Governors accounts to us for the funds. There are no deductions for fundraising or administration.
Like the students and their parents, we know that without an education there is little hope for them to make a better life for themselves.

Unlike in Canada, families in Kenya have to pay school fees in order for their children to attend high school. Many children are forced to drop out because, with family incomes of less than $1/day, their families cannot afford to pay the school costs.


Donations in any amount will receive a tax receipt (for Canadian income tax returns).
For more information about the scholarship program contact me at TerryUmbach@hotmail.com .

Terry Umbach



Sunday, October 8, 2017

Extracts from Thank You Letters from scholarship recipients at Lower Yatta Girls Secondary School 2017

These comments, taken from some of the 24 thank you letters written to our donors, clearly show the appreciation of the students for your support - and how important these sponsorships are to them. 

Thank you, donors!  Read, enjoy, and be proud to be a part of helping these students who regard their education as so important to their future,

Stellah K, Lower Yatta Girls Secondary School
The Scholarship that you provided has benefitted me a lot.  It has assisted me to stay in school.  I have not taken this for granted.  I am woking hard to achieve my goals.

Jalinta P, Lower Yatta Girls Secondary School
If it were not for your sponsorship, most of us would have missed classes because of lack of enough school fees.  Your sponsorship has helped us improve our academics.  Our school is really benefitting from you.  Before you sponsored our school we could not know how to operate computers.

Faith J, Lower Yatta Girls Secondary School
I also appreciate the solar lights that you provided to us.  We have been studying well even in the absence of electricity.

Beatrice M, Lower Yatta Girls Secondary School
My parents were very happy because of your sponsorship.  They struggle much to get my school fees.  You have helped me so much.  I assure you that I will read so much and attain my goals.

Jedidah M, Lower Yatta Girls Secondary School
Thank you for your love towards me and my family.  For sure you have done something important in my life because my parents are very poor.   I am really working hard to achieve my education goals.

Purity K, Lower Yatta Girls Secondary School
I want to thank you for your support that you gave me of school fees.  My parents are happy for your sponsorship.  They were struggling too much to keep me in school as well as my brothers and sisters.  So it was too difficult for them to find school fees.  They kept on reminding me to work hard in my studies.  When they heard that you have sponsored some students in school they appreciated you.  Also you helped students that came from different backgrounds and some orphans.  As a student I will work harder in order to achieve my goal and also to improve my academic performance.

Mary M, Lower Yatta Girls Secondary School
Thank you for paying my school fees.  This has also encouraged me to appreciate going to school and reading.  I am happy to work hard to attain my dreams of being a cardiologist in my future life. Our school is also improved because of the computers you have given to our school.  They have improved our skills and knowledge.  We have also learned how to exchange different information and videos with other students outside Kenya.  Because of that I am very happy.

Jane KLower Yatta Girls Secondary School
I am surely glad that you have sponsored me and devoted to pay our school fees which most of the times is a load for our parents.  If it were not of your sponsorship I would most of the times have to go to collect school fees at home but now that is not the case.  Due to your mercies I am doing well in class.  May God Almighty bless you abundantly and increase your pockets for good work which is awaiting you to the needy.

Carolyne J, Lower Yatta Girls Secondary School
The main aim of my letter is to appreciate you for the good work that you have done to most of the students in our school.  I am also one of them who are under your sponsorship.  When I heard about your sponsorship I just knelt down to the most high God to have mercy on me.  The reason of being happy is just because I want to be an important person in the world and to build my future life.  May the Almighty God bless you.

Betty MLower Yatta Girls Secondary School
I kindly appreciate your sponsorship.  I want to assure you that through your sponsorship I'm going to double my efforts in academics.  My parents back at home are very happy for your good work.  Thank you.

Pascala PLower Yatta Girls Secondary School
Thank you for your scholarship.  It is my hope that if I continue working hard I will have a good grade.  I promise you that I will press on with my studies up to Form four and then press on to the University level.  May God bless you.

The 400 girls at Lower Yatta Secondary with their new solar lights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment