Become a scholarship Supporter

BECOME A SUPPORTER OF OUR SCHOLARSHIP FUND FOR KYAITHANI and LOWER YATTA SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN NDANDINI KENYA
In 2011 we started providing scholarships for the 9 top achievers at the only secondary school in the Ndandini area. In 2023 we have now increased that to 106 at Kyaithani and Lower Yatta Secondary Schools. There are over 400 desperately poor students at Kyaithani and Lower Yatta Secondary Schools striving to get an education so they can better their lives. Can you help us increase the number of scholarships that we provide?
We provide a CAD$110 per year scholarship to the students attending secondary school full time who originally graduated from one of the six primary schools in the Kyaithani area. We are looking for donations in any amount.
Donors to the scholarships will be able to follow our progress on this blogspot as we post information about the children being sponsored, photos and letters.
100% of the donations received go to the students and the Board of Governors accounts to us for the funds. There are no deductions for fundraising or administration.
Like the students and their parents, we know that without an education there is little hope for them to make a better life for themselves.

Unlike in Canada, families in Kenya have to pay school fees in order for their children to attend high school. Many children are forced to drop out because, with family incomes of less than $1/day, their families cannot afford to pay the school costs.


Donations in any amount will receive a tax receipt (for Canadian income tax returns).
For more information about the scholarship program contact me at TerryUmbach@hotmail.com .

Terry Umbach



Monday, July 18, 2011

FINAL SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS FOR THIS YEAR ADVANCED

We have now completed the provision of the us$300 of scholarships for this year for each of the nine students at the Kaithani Secondary School in Kenya.

We are now looking for donations to start the program for the coming year.  I hope that everyone who contributed this past year will donate again and perhaps even consider increasing your contribution?  We are also looking for more donors so that we can hopefully increase the niumber of students receiving a scholarship. 

With family incomes int he area of only $1/day, it is almost impossible for an average family to pay the $300/year that it costs to send a child to high school.

Please read the letters below which we recently received from teh scholarship recipients.  you will see that they are most grateful and also plead for us to help more of the needy students at their school.

Terry

2011/07/13
From Kelvin
Form 3, Kyaithani Secondary School

"I appreciate your concern so much on my education. I received the money that you sent to me. The money in the first term 11,740 shillings and the second term 13,760 was used to cater for my school fee, uniform and other learning facilities. I was unable to attain my goal (academic target) but through your support I will attain my vision of becoming engineer. I appreiate your hardwork of helping and may God bless your hard work. If it is possible may the support be extended to other suffering students in the school." (signed) Kelvin


2011/07/12
From Maureen
Kyaithani Secondary School

"I have written this letter to acknowledge that I have received money from you. The money which you have been contributing to me is helping to facilitate my education. In first term I received 11,740 shillings and in the second term I received 13,760.

The money has been used to pay my school fee, to buy my school requirements and my school uniform. I am at school comfortably working hard to get grades which will enable me to be an engineer. I appreciate your contribution and I kindly request you continue supporting me and other needy students in our school. Thank you and may God bless you." (signed) Maureen

2011/07/12
From Stombua
Form 2, Kyaithani Secondary School

"I am glad to write this letter to inform you that I am among the nine students that are being supported by your contribution. I would like to inform you that I have received the amount of money you had sent. This money have been helping my education to kick off well. First term I received 11,740 Ksh. Second term I received 13,760 Ksh. I am appreciating for the money has assisted me a lot. It has been used to pay for my school fee, learning materials and my school uniform. I am aspiring to be an engineer and through your support I hope I will achieve my dream. Kindly, I request you continue supporting me in my education and inform you that there are other needy suffering students in our school. I request you assist them where possible. May God help you as you continue supporting me. Thank you." (signed) Stombua

2011/07/13
From Faith
Form 2, Kyaithani Secondary School

"I am among the nine students who are receiving the aid from you. I am writing this letter to admit that I have received the money you had sent. First term I got 11,740 shillings and the second term I received 13,760 and the total is 25,500 shillings. I am appreciating because the money helped me a lot. It was used to pay for school fees, provide for my reading materials and my school requirements and my school uniform. My ambition is to be a doctor in my future life. My hope is that through the money I will achieve my dream. I beg the way you have done to me to do the same to the other needy students in our school who are suffering. Otherwise, may God bless you as you continue supporting me to be a better person in the future. i am promising to do all my bet in my academics. Thank you." (signed) Faith

2011/07/13
From Felistus
Form 3, Kyaithani Secondary School

"I am hereby appreciating for your care and concern of my precious studies in your support to make my future bright. I received the term one school fees 11,740 Ksh and the term two school fees 13,760 Ksh. This have catered for my upkeep in school and also my school requirements including the uniform.

As much as I would wish to say is just to work hard academically and have good conduct so as to achieve the target goal of being a doctor or a teacher. Again I request please if possible you extend this donation to some other needy students in our school. This is because it is out of generosity that someone will feel blessed by God.

Nonetheless I remain prayerful that Lord God will keep on opening doors for you and provide more. Actually it is helping very much.

Wishing you God's blessings in all your endeavours. Yours faithfully" (signed) Felistus

2011/07/13
From John
Form 3, Kyaithani Secondary School

"I hereby acknowledge that I received 11,740 shillings in the first term and 13,760 this term thus totalling to 25,500. I appreciate for this amount has been used to pay my school fees, revision books, a full set of school uniform and other school requirements. It has enabled me to run my academics well. I beg that you extend your mercy to other needy students in our school. I pray that God may bless your life. My ambition is to become an accountant and through your support I will do it. I promise to put all my efforts in academics. May God bless you. Thank you. Yours faithfull" (signed) John

2011/07/12
From Joseph
Form 1, Kyaithani Secondary School

"For your care, I thank you very much. The money which you have assisted to me as a school fees first term was 11,740 shillings. It catered me very well. I thank you for your contribution.

I'm very happy that the money which I received in second term was 13,760 shillings. It was used as a school fees and some for buying learning materials such as school uniform.

Towards my decision making I'm going to achieve my goals. I will also do well in (KCSE) examination. My career is that I want to be an engineer. I thank you very much and I also pray for you to continue bringing more money. God may bless you and also your world. Yours sincerely" (signed) Joseph

2011/07/12
From Shadrack
Form 1, Kyaithani Secondary School

I humbly take this chance to thank you for the amount of money you sent to school to be used as my school fees. I am happy for your contribution.

I confirm that I received 11,740 shillings in the first term and 13,760 shillings in the second term. It was used to buy for me learning materials and paying for me my school fees. With the assistance you are giving to me, I will be able to achieve my goal. My aim is to get a grade of B+ and above so that I can join University. I would like to be an accountant.

I wish that you continue bringing in more money. I also wish that you expand that project to the other needy students in our school. I promise that I will do well in my last exam (KCSE) in this school. I pray to God to help you in your ways and bless all what you do. Thanks in advance. Yours sincerely" (signed) Shadrack

2011/07/13
From Sophia
Form 1, Kyaithani Secondary School

I kindly take this opportunity to thank you for your contribution that you gave me. For the first term you contributed 11,740 shillings to me. For the second term you gave me 13,760 shillings. I confirm that I received the money and I was bought some requirements and remaining one was paid to my school fees. I appreciate all what you did to me.

I am requesting you to continue bringing in more money for our school fees. I also tell you that if there is chance you can increase the numbers so that many of us can be helped. I promise to do very well in my studies to achieve the best. I would like to get a grade of B+ and above to achieve my career which is lawyer.

Without your help no where I can get the school fees. Hope you are going to receive my report. I will be glad if you receive it and answer it. May God bless you and love you as a cheerful giver. Thanks in advance. yours sincerely" (signed) Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment